THOMAS BEAVER FREE LIBRARY
Part-Time Opening: Children’s Services Assistant
Do you enjoy working with children? Would you enjoy working in a position that allows you to provide educational programs for children? The Thomas Beaver Free Library seeks an enthusiastic, part-time Children’s Services Assistant who contributes to a fun environment that fosters exploration, discovery, and a love of reading and learning. The Library seeks someone to develop and implement our programs and services for school-age children and teens, deliver developmentally appropriate programs, and assist in developing the Library’s children’s collections.
This part-time position is 20-25 hours/per week. The schedule is flexible, with some nights and weekend hours required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing, planning, and presenting programming for school-age children and teens.
- Selecting juvenile and YA books and materials.
- Suggesting materials to children, parents, and caregivers.
- Weeding the juvenile and YA sections of the Library.
- Providing excellent, professional customer service at all times.
- Providing backup at the library service desk as needed
- Checks out, checks in, and renews library materials.
- Registers new library users.
- Assures the confidentiality of library use and library patron records.
- Assists with library opening and closing procedures.
- Sorts and prepares items for shelving
- Shelves and shelf-reads regularly.
- Assist in monitoring the behavior and conduct of library patrons and enforcing policies.
- Assists in maintaining a neat, orderly appearance of the Library.
- Takes on other responsibilities as assigned.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Must be proficient with personal computers and software and possess strong customer service skills.
Must be able to retrieve and place books on shelves and have sufficient mobility to perform programming for children. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform in this position.
Experience in childcare or education setting desired but not required.
Experience with planning and implementing programming preferred.
Employees must pass a current Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Background check before beginning employment.
To apply, email a copy of your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com.